Monday, November 9, 2015

Two for One - A Busy Weekend for IRLs!

Reading and Imagining

The other day when my dad had just came home from a long trip, he gave me some Chinese magazines. When I started to look at them I could definitely not understand the words but I would looked at the pictures and made up my own ads and articles. When I finished looking at the magazine I thought this is a lot like when Francisco could not understand the books that his first grade teacher was reading and he looked at the pictures and made up his own stories too.


-Colette

Empire State of Mind

Ok so I was at home doing homework and stuff and I decided to turn on the radio. And I was omgomgomgomgomg this is crazy!!!! The song "Empire State of Mind" was playing. I remembered talking about that song in social studies with Mrs. Maione when we were composing our songs about places! She used that song probably because she wanted to use an example of a song about a place (in this case, New York). It is an important connection to make because now, I kind of get a better idea of why she chose the song.

Image result for empire state of mind concrete jungle
-Gabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment